There’s a paradigm shift underway when it comes to managing IT Infra and Ops for the modern enterprise. 95% of organizations have initiated digital transformation projects, but transformation can be a nightmare when there are concerns over the “integrity” of digital services. 26% of tech leaders are facing challenges while implementing new digital technologies – maintaining high availability, securing hybrid infra, optimizing costs and performance, and meeting government norms and compliances.
Consequently, when services get off the grid, infra and ops demand quick and decisive intervention. Chances are, your business has complicated the operations problem by throwing dozens of tools into the so-called solution mix – disjointed point tools, archaic processes such as ITIL, and hordes of specialized people working in their silos, inefficiently.
Furthermore, security operations today are unable to meet the demands stemming from an attack surface evolution owed to new technologies like the cloud and ever-increasing sophistication of cyber-attacks. Firewalls and AVs are not enough to protect across the evolved attack surface. Detection and remediation require manual handling of alerts leading to alert fatigue and unscalable SecOps. What you need, going forward, is a combination of AIOps, contextual collaboration, and intelligence-driven security to bear on your legacy infra and ops processes.
At the Gartner IT Infrastructure, Operations, and Cloud Strategies Conference 2019 (December 9-12), we are going to talk about how IT infra and ops are the focal points for disruption and innovation. We will also highlight why it is imperative for you to maintain the integrity of your digital services as you look to gain speed, agility, and build a resilient digital future for your business.
I&O leaders can pave the way for a digital future
Gartner predicts that by 2025, 80% of enterprises will shut down their traditional data centers. In fact, 10% of organizations already have. Near-death of data centers, coupled with the rise of artificial intelligence (AI), have a profound impact on the way I&O operates. And as the role of I&O evolves in the digital era, IT teams are being perceived more as enablers of business transformation instead of just service providers.
To remain relevant in the digital era, I&O needs to become more agile and customer-centric. Also, organizations need to rethink their structures, metrics, and skillsets to align closely with their business stakeholders. But where do you start?
Get Future-ready with AIOps and Machine Learning
IT teams are using a variety of tools to monitor increasing amounts of data, which leads to significant delays in identifying and solving issues. New systems layered on legacy infra only result in increased complexity in the hybrid cloud environment. Also, the interconnectivity of several components, procurements, and provisioning, occurring all at the same time, leads to noisy effects impacting your entire architecture and, ultimately, the end-user experience.
AIOPs acts as a “central brain” between these various disconnected systems. It connects, correlates, and synchronizes vast quantities of data, incorporating self-learning to form useful and meaningful patterns and connections. Moreover, it offers shared context across all infra management tools by revealing the trends of both applications and their underlying resources. Coupled with machine learning, you get accurate, real-time insights into your hybrid infra performance, including utilization, health, and availability.
Leverage AIOps for,
- Applied Intelligence: Optimize IT infrastructure with suggested actions to improve application performance.
- Auto Discovery: Automatically identify devices and map the topology of the architecture to offer a single view of elements that applications use.
- Correlation: Bring together wire and machine data with the service desk as well as application performance monitors to give live reports.
- Data ingestion: Ingest data from app performance monitors, service management tools, and other elements within the IT infra in real-time. The capacity and granularity of the processed data will give genuine insights into how your applications are performing.
- Vulnerability management: Automate incident responses with complete context and smooth remediation steps/orchestration workflows.
AI-GUIDED INNOVATION WITH CONTEXTUAL COLLABORATIONS BETWEEN, DEV, SEC, AND OPS
Bring, build, implement, and gain
The current approach to ITOps is to analyze and operate only on device-level alerts. And instead of automation and service-level agreements, your teams focus on only ops SLAs. IT teams need to move away from being a SysAdmin to a more service management approach – identifying and monitoring the right service-level indicators, delivering on the service-level objectives that matter and focusing on the holistic service health which is tied to business impact.
For your SRE teams and environments, your goal should be to eliminate toil, manage risks, break Dev and Ops silos, and measure everything. Outcomes and AI-driven solutions can bring contextual, ticket-less collaboration, and insights for quicker decision-making and faster resolution times. SRE in the future will,
- Bring together human and machine intelligence for assisted autonomous operations of modern workloads.
- Build service and application performance centricity, focused on driving superior user experiences.
- Implement security-first design for IT solutions and SRE modules.
- Gain full context and insights to enable a shift from reactive problem solving to proactive problem detection and remediation.
Navigate risks in the digital world
92% of enterprises are grappling with alert overloads, lack of automation, and insufficient resource challenges, and 86% of organizations do not engage in threat hunting due to time, skills, and visibility.
Traditional cybersecurity solutions deliver meager incremental efficiency boosts for existing teams at Analyst and SecOps levels. To maintain the integrity of your digital services, you need autonomous threat detection and response in real-time to enable,
- AI-driven discovery and response to threats faster than the wicked across your attack
- Automated incident responses with complete context and easy to follow remediation steps and/or orchestration workflows
- Enhanced security posture with very lean Security Operations Center and Incident Response teams
- Always–on visibility for 360-degree security posture
FUTURE-PROOF YOUR I&O WITH DIGITAL SERVICES INTEGRITY SOLUTIONS
The role of I&O leaders is crucial. You need to rethink your service delivery strategies, learn how to scale across existing and modern infra, manage modern workloads, and secure everything – from public clouds to data centers.