Experience: 3 + Years
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Efficiently construct AV design drawing types, including: Audio, Video, Control and Power signal flow diagrams and Equipment rack elevations.
- Efficiently construct AV Architectural drawing types, including: Floor plans, RCP ceiling plans, Wall elevations, Electrical Riser/Infrastructure plans, and Mechanical/Electrical details.
- Provide production-level CAD support directly to Engineering Team.
- Provide end-user support for all CAD software, processes and procedures.
- Develop, implement and ensure conformance to CAD standards and processes.
- Create user guides, conventions and workflow outlines for established CAD processes.
- Provide training to all CAD users.
- Troubleshoot end-user and CAD software issues.
- Facilitate plotting and distribution of hard-copy and electronic drawing sets.
- Maintain Plotter supply inventory for select company offices.
- Archive completed projects (“As-uilts”) and fulfill close out documentation requirements.
- Maintain CAD documentation archive and retrieval for projects.
- Collect and dispose of old drawing and paperwork.
Qualifications and Preferences:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Fluent in software design tools such as: Autodesk AutoCAD (rel 2010+) and REVIT
- Sketchup software experience
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products such as: Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Ability to fluently read all Construction drawing types, including: Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Lighting, and HVAC drawings and details.
- Working knowledge of the Building Design and Construction process.
- Working knowledge of Architectural, Construction, NEC/NFPA and TIA cabling standards. Working knowledge and experience in BIM Construction projects within the last year.
- Working knowledge of BIM graphic standards, conventions and best practice.
- Familiarity of analog and digital video standards, transport methods and limitations.
- Familiarity of professional audio systems equipment and best practice.
- Familiarity with AV control protocols including Cresnet, Ethernet, RS-232, HDBaseT and WiFi.
- Familiarity with equipment from a variety of professional AV equipment manufacturers, such as AMX, Biamp, Cisco, Crestron, Extron and Polycom.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Drafting/CAD design for the Architectural and MEP industry.
- At least 1 year of infield professional audio and video installation experience of an intermediate level.
- CAD/CAM or LEED certification.
- InfoComm International CTS certification.
- Familiarity with Bentley Microstation, Solidworks, ProEngineer design tools is a plus.
- Experience with administration of large format plotters, printers, and document transmittal
technologies a plus.
Send your resumes to email@example.com