Location: Anywhere in Western USA
The Senior Platform Engineer is a full stack engineer who drives efficiency in the application development and deployment tools and processes. This role will primarily be focused on developing, building, administering, and deploying self-service tools that enable Allstate developers to build, deploy and operate cloud native applications.
Candidates should be self-motivated and collaborative IT professionals with a strong background in software development, systems administration and IT automation.
The scope of the role includes the selection, design, engineering, implementation and support of Allstate platforms. The role will own the infrastructure running the Allstate Platform environment, continuous delivery framework, and other application development services. The role will be focused on automation and running infrastructure-as-code and working primarily in a paired engineering/programming model.
As part of their day to day responsibilities, the candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure and configuration of the Allstate platform environments with a focus on automation and infrastructure as code
- Design, build, manage and operate the continuous delivery framework and tools, and acting as a subject matter expert on CI/CD for developer teams.
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure as a service layer (hosted and cloud based platforms) that supports the different platform services.
- Write and build continuous delivery pipelines to manage and automate the lifecycle of the different platform components.
- Develop comprehensive monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components using tools and services like Vistara, Graphite, ELK, Datadog, New Relic and other similar tools.
- Develop a log analytics solution to provide logging-as-a-service to hosted applications based on open source solutions.
- Integrate different components and develop new services with a focus on open source to allow a minimal friction developer interaction with the platform and application services.
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity; and establish the appropriate scalability plans.
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network and application.
- Recommend and maintain technology related policies and procedures.
Hands-on style – willingness and competent in producing necessary changes in the infrastructure and processes.
- Will be working primarily in a Extreme Programming environment and must be willing to work in a paired programming/engineering model
- Able to facilitate diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Identify creative solutions for technical support issues
Job Qualifications & Required Skills
- BA/BS degree in technical field or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in engineering or running an application platform service
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an Extreme Programming environment (i.e. paired programming and test driven development)
- At least 1 year experience desired working with platforms like Cloud Foundry
- Expertise working with open source and/or commercial continuous integration and delivery tools
- Proficient in use of one or more popular centralized or distributed (preferred) source control tools and services such as: Git, Github, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc
- Experience using continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, TravisCI, etc…
- Experience using dependency/build artifact repository tools such as Artifactory and Nexus
- Experience in cloud/virtual technologies and management – OpenStack, AWS, Azure, VMware, etc..
- Experience with building, deploying and managing applications and software on Cloud Foundry like platforms and/or BOSH
- Strong skill in one or more common, cross-platform programming languages such as: Java, Go, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Strong skills and experience in Linux administration specifically application configuration
- Experience in application and infrastructure logging and performance monitoring – New Relic, App Dynamics, DataDog, Splunk, LogInsight, etc…
NetEnrich is a next-gen IT infrastructure & operations management, automation, cloud, DevOps, & Cyber-security services provider for Enterprises. Our services and products span IT infrastructure, cloud, and applications, as well as enable agile DevOps and intelligent business operations at IT environments. We combine elastic industrialized services with automation technologies, products, and proprietary analytics to deliver a new world approach to IT operations. We mitigate risks with IT operations, drive innovation, and transform IT teams & solution providers to become a true service provider to their business. We also enable them to best unlock the potential of new world technologies such as cloud, virtualization, and mobility.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions.
Please send your profiles to USjobs@netenrich.com